Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Party.

The grace of God means something like: Here is your life. You might never have been, but you are because the party wouldn’t have been complete without you. -Frederick Beuchner

I woke up this morning before my alarm when off, well before dawn and as I laid in bed I realized that I’ve never really believed that, I swing between two extremes of belief that I don’t matter at all, wondering why I exists and berating myself for not fixing everything because I feel like every world problem is riding on my shoulders.

Life is a party and it wouldn’t have been complete without me….

Thanks to my Rabbit Room people…I think I’m starting to believe it.

I am here for a brief moment in this swiftly moving continuum we call time. Why? Because, the world needs my perspective, my laughter, my smile, my eyes, my tears, my hands, my feet, my quirks, my words, my heart…me. Because if it didn’t, I wouldn’t have been written, spoken, and breathed into being, I wouldn’t be here.

To much has been out to thwart my arrival for this to all be an accident.

Fact: I am wanted. I am needed. Proof? I am here. Out of a trillion different possibilities, I am here. I stand, I stretch, I move, I breathe, and what is my job? To be faithful with what is in front of my face. To love those that are put in my path, to search for those forgotten people on the margins of life, and to tell all the story of scandalous grace. I am not the savior of the world, I am a tiny piece of the puzzle that is tells an epic story, mind you a dark tiny broken piece, but nonetheless the picture wouldn’t be complete without me.

And here’s the thing, the exact same thing—is true about you.

You are here. You were written into the story, you were knit and woven together, you were spoken and breathed into being, because this crazy story wouldn’t be complete without you—you are wanted, you are loved.

You have hands and feet. You have eyes that see and you have quirks. You have laughter and smiles and tears. You have words and you have passions that light your fire. You are needed, for you are here, and the party wouldn’t have be complete without you.

Our paths crossed at some point and now we are in this together. We are needed, for we are here, and the party wouldn’t be complete without us.

Ready? Let’s do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment