Monday, February 10, 2014

Wanderlust

I want to go wander around England, I want to see old Ben and strain to catch Peter's shadow on his face as Peter heads towards the second star to the right, I want to run my hands over the old stones in Oxford, and I want to slip into that old pub that once held the minds that birthed Narnia and Middle earth.

I want to stand on the cliffs Ireland and watch the waves crash hundreds of feet below me, I want to dance on Prince Edward Island and see the red road that might just lead to Avonlea, I want to stand at the shores of Chincoteague and watch the ponies surging through the water on their penning day, I want to run up and hug an ancient red wood and drive along the Pacific highway, I want to travel to China and explore all the little corners that exist in even the biggest places, I want to go to Scotland, Russia and Norway, and I want to go to Venice before it sinks.

I want to go to places so steeped in history that it leaks out and runs down the walls. I want to run my hands over stones that hold stories that no one on earth knows and hear old wood whisper creaky ancient tales. I want to remember that I'm a stitch in this grand epic that is being woven..

Read children stories and you will whet their appetite for things bigger. Give them books and you've given them the maps and keys to unlock worlds.

Feed the wanderlust.

...but for now I'm going to go work for 12 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment